Thursday, February 5, 2009

I want to be Health & Happy {Erin}



Hi! Well I am Erin and I have issues putting myself first. Over the last two years I have gained about 30lbs. if not more. The reason for my weight gain has mainly been stress and lack of time! I started a photography business about 2.5 years ago and it has been the greatest and worst thing in my life.

During the last 2 years I have stayed pretty busy most weekends photographing and weekdays editing. All while having a full time job, Monday- Friday 8-4:30. So pretty much all I have done is work! I mean I still try and fit my friends in as much as possible. But due to my constant schedule of working and rushing from one thing to the next I have continued to put my health and happiness aside. Thus causing a tremendous weight gain! For 6 months I saw a nutritionist and lost 20lbs. which was very exciting, but I have now gained that all back plus more.

Recently, I have started feeling very discouraged by my huge number on the scale. This is by far the most I have ever weighed in my life! I mean I feel saddened that I have let this happen to myself all because I have tried to run a successful business. I LOVE being a photographer and capturing the happy moments of others. Nothing makes me happier then the happiness of a wedding, pregnancy, 1st birthday or family. But I am making a VOW, (which is going to be very hard to keep since I have a hard time saying NO) that I will put my health first & I will choose my own happiness before others. This means I will need to work out no less then 3 times a week for at least 1 hour. Plus I will try to at least loose 2lbs. a week. My diet plan will be weight watchers since it will fit withing my schedule best.

So thanks to all those who are supporting Amanda, Stacey, Lynne and Myself! I am excited & lucky that we are able to share in this journey together! Sorry I do not have pictures like lynne, I tried but my roommate is no photographer,haha (jk kristy love you). But here is a picture I have on my computer so you can see my face at least!

Oh and I guess if I must say it, my starting weight is 226.2 lbs. My goal weight is 140-150lbs. I would also like to train for a half Marathon like Amanda {but I am going to wait a couple moths}. Well Thanks for listening!

Love & Happiness,

E

3 comments:

  1. You are a very determined woman and I know with the support you have, you will do it! Consistency is the key! Baby steps Erin!! I LOVE YOU and I'm here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the hardest part about going to the gym is literally GOING TO THE GYM. The getting there is the hardest part. I tend to take it in VERY baby steps, like Amanda said. Instead of saying to myself: "I'm going to the gym" I put on my tennis shoes. Then I put on my workout clothes. And then it's like..."Well, since I"m already dressed, I might as well go." It may sound stupid, but it really worked for me! Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you can do this! A good word of advice that I've come to live by: "Failure to plan is planning to fail." So, essentially, plan ahead. If you know that you are having a busy day (i.e. a shoot or party or something right after work) and you won't have time to run home to fix dinner, plan ahead for those days. Bring a snack with you for the car. If you can, make a sandwich in the morning for dinner and eat it on the way to your next appointment. Plan out your meals. Take a few minutes every night to think about what you need for yourself for the next day; just those few moments of planning and thinking ahead will make the next day go that much smoother.

    ReplyDelete