Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekly Weigh In - Amanda

It's that time again! I realized that blogging about my weekly weigh ins have helped keep me accountable. It has also been extremely helpful to read others comments, especially when my motivation is wavering! To have people, some of who I don't even know, supporting me and encouraging me along this journey is so much more powerful than I ever thought it could be. So THANK YOU!

This week was a really hard one for me. I had (and still have) so much stuff to get done that I was feeling really stressed - and tired. I made the time to run, but the whole time I was thinking of other things that needed to be done, so I wasn't enjoying the runs quite as much. It was also Valentines day, and we went out to eat. I did somewhat calculate my points beforehand, BUT it's those damn rolls that get me everytime! :) I did manage to run 4 miles beforehand and I still had some of my weekly/activity points, so it wasn't a total loss. Needless to say, it wasn't the best of my weeks. I did manage to lose 1 pound this week. Not quite as much as I wanted, but using the advice from fellow readers, I have been researching running and losing weight. As many of you pointed out, most runners don't lose weight when they start running because they are gaining muscle. Although, I understand this concept, it is still frustrating when I step on the scale and see the numbers barely dwindling down. So a couple weeks ago, I decided to do my body measurements as well. So last night, I took them again, and I have lost about 3 inches around my waist. My calfs have gotten slightly bigger (the muscle I'm sure) and everything else was about the same or maybe 1/4 inch smaller.

So today I can't feel as bad, because the results are happening, just in other ways. I will take my 1 pound loss and feel good about it, because I lost 3 inches off my waist. No wonder my pants are getting bigger. For me, this was a great pick me up. Although, I still have quite of bit of weight to lose to make sure that I am in a healthy BMI range, I can feel better that all my hard work is paying off. I'm looking forward to the day when this running does start making the pounds come off, but at least I know progress is happening. Tomorrow is my 6 mile run, and next week I step it up quite a bit in the training. I'm feeling on track and excited to see if next week will give me numbers that I have been hoping for.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job, Amanda! Three inches lost around your waist is awesome! Just keep on persevering,and your weight will come off and you will meet your goals.

    I look forward to your weekly updates and seeing your progress.

    Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete