- No matter how much weight you have to lose you must simply begin.
- Learn to love yourself for who you are today.
- Think only positive thoughts about yourself.
- Picture yourself the way you want to look at the end of your journey before going to sleep each night.
- Don’t look at the big picture, instead make mini goals. I broke my goals down to 10 pounds at a time.
- Celebrate! You work hard and you deserve it. I make sure I celebrate once a week after weigh in and after every 10 pounds lost. My husband joined my team a long time ago and rewards me with $100 every time I lose 10 pounds. Incentive can be sweeter than chocolate.
- Read Success Stories. Reading about others whose weight-loss goals are similar to what you need to lose can help with motivation.
- Relax. This is not a race, so don’t put yourself under some crazy time limit of losing 40 pounds in 30 days. It’s just one day at a time.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Some tips to keep in mind - Lynne
I was reading through my weekly Weight Watchers email, and came upon a success story for a woman who lost over 100 pounds. Here are some of her tips that I thought were inspirational and could help us out as well!