Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Weight-Loss Journey - So Far: by Lynne

I joined Weight Watchers on January 12, 2007 after spending most of my life being overweight; I've never been comfortable in my own body and wanted desperately to change that and to be confident and comfortable with who I am and what I look like. My starting weight in 2007 upon joining Weight Watchers was 244.8 pounds.

Throughout the entire 2007, I stayed committed and focused on my goal. I dropped down to around 160 pounds at the end of the year and managed to stay in this weight range until about April of 2008. From April 2008 to January 2009, I struggled with maintaining my loss and went back up to 201.2 pounds, which is where I was on January 15, 2009, my official "second start" with Weight Watchers.

This year, with my new start in mind, I am committed, motivated, and determined to get to my goal weight of 130 pounds. I've already made great progress with this goal, losing a little over 10 pounds in the first two weeks of (re)starting Weight Watchers. I know that with the support and inspiration from my great friends, who are also on this journey, I will reach my goal and for once be confident, happy, and healthy!

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna be awesome, Lynne. I can feel it! Well, you already are awesome...but you're gonna kick some ass this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, Thank you for inspiring me to do this! I have always thought you were awesome and beautiful. When I saw you at the wedding I knew I wanted to be just like you, have a great weight loss story. I find myself forgetting what or why I am doing something like this. I give up on myself real easy, but I think you as well as Stacy & Amanda are going to continue inspiring me! Thanks again. I know this will be a GREAT Year!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete